Sunday, March 22, 2015

Levitation


Purpose:

  • To explore Halloween and its connections to “paranormal” and “levitation”;
  • To learn how Levitation is being used in the world of photography;
  • To make connections from levitation to real-world uses;
  • To create levitation photographs inspired by other amateur and professional photographers.

I think that there definitely was an impact of looking at all of the levitation photos.  By looking at all of the examples I got an idea of what I should be doing and I think that even by just having the examples inspired me to do my best work.  The examples helped me create my levitation photographs because I really had a strong idea about what to do after looking at them.  By looking at these photos I felt like I knew a lot more about what we were doing and the assignment wasn’t just to photoshop something into a picture, you also had to change the lighting and add shadows to try and make it realistic.  I don’t think that any of the website particularly stood out to me as the best and most helpful, just having examples to look at and seeing all the different ways you could create a levitation photo is what helped me.
I think that I was able to successfully create an image that looked like levitation.  I think one of my strengths would be erasing.  By being able to erase accurately allowed me to be able to photoshop more things into my picture.  For example, to create the image I wanted, of someone throwing water on Hannah, I had to edit in the background, Hannah, someone throwing water at Hannah, and her shadow. I think that this is a strength because as an example, Hannah’s hair, would have a totally different background and there were a lot of different pieces to it that had to be erased.
One of the things that found challenging during this was placing shadows.  I dealt with these problems by moving them around to see what worked best.  Also I asked people to see what they thought looked the most realistic. I had to change up the shadows at the end because I realized that all my first shadows were doing, was reflecting.  By experimenting with this I was able to find a way to fit in the shadow and make it look like a realistic shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment