Thursday, April 30, 2015

Selfies, to be or not to be




I think that there are many different purpose of the selfie. One of the purposes, I think, is communication. One of the most popular ways of doing this is snapchat. Another purpose of the selfie is self expression. When people share their selfies on the internet it is self expression, or even when they send something on snapchat. I also think that a selfie, is the power to make others to see you the way you want to be seen. If you think that at some point you look good, then you might take a selfie and share that with people to have some control over how they see you.


I think that in some ways, the selfie is art, and in others it is not. I think that when you are just sending a snapchat to someone and you are not trying to share anything with it, just using it as a form of communication, then it is not art. But, I think that if you intend to share your selfie on Instagram, or somewhere else, that it could be considered art. I think this because before people post something on the internet, they think a lot more about it, because more people are going to be seeing it. In which case there could be a set up for the selfie and it could be considered art. It is also self expression, which, in my opinion, is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment